So check us out. We just found out we were nominated for the Liebster Award! Imagine? And to think, our little blog….She’s growin’ up! Fantastic. Icing on Monday’s cake! (And who doesn’t like icing? I mean really.) A huge thank you and shout out to runs4treats. (She’s a girl who likes icing!) Run.Bake.Eat.Repeat? Love it. Girl after our own heart. Check her out. She does a really nice job with her blog. Thank you! Thank you!
So the Leibster Award, here’s the scoop:
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Ask 11 Questions to the nominated recipients
1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Tina: I don’t watch much TV. Can’t remember the last time I watched a network drama or sitcom. But if I ever turn that sucker on, it will almost certainly be to whichever “Real Housewives” franchise that Bravo is peddling at the moment. Horrible, phony, overly dramatic, ridiculous. But soooo entertaining.
Colby: Reading absolute TRASH magazines. Us Weekly. Hello! Star. Garbage. And I LOVE it. Why? Because when much of what you read every day is in a peer reviewed scientific journal, you’ll give your eye teeth for gossip rags.
2. Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
Tina: Hawaii. Not only is it a beautiful place, but I went there on my honeymoon almost 17 years ago. It was a wonderful vacation, and Hawaii marks such a special time in my life that it would be hard to top it!
Colby: Greece. Specifically Oia, Santorini. Takes my breath away. Even now when I think about it. Makes me smile and tear up at the same time. The light is just so different there. Amazing place.
3. What’s your favorite healthy snack?
Colby: Blueberries. Pints of ‘em. Call me Violet Beauregarde.
4. What is on the top of your bucket list?
Tina: Running the Boston Marathon. Grew up in Boston and have cheered from the sidelines for as long as I can remember. I’ve been ambivalent about running a marathon for years (decades?). But now that I’m tackling my first marathon later this year, running the “Grandaddy of them All” has moved to the top of my bucket list.
Colby: African Safari. No doubt. When I was little I used to pretend to be animals. Like lie on the floor quietly then lunge at someone unsuspecting, scaring the snot out of them. (What on earth are you doing? I’m a hippopotamus!) There was this other incident where I pecked on the dash board while riding with my mother (I’m a bird! No you’re not! You’re a little girl!!!! My poor mother…) but I digress. Great Wall marathon is creeping up there too if we’re talking Running Bucket List.
5. What is your favorite color?
Tina: Blue. All shades, but periwinkle is probably tops.
Colby: Black. Always chic. Forever slimming. Wait. Is leopard a color?
6. Do you have a tattoo? If so, what and where? If not, have you ever wanted one?
Tina: No and No.
Colby: Nope. Zilch. However I do have a pretty phat scar on my right ankle that is my pseudo-tattoo. It’s bad ass.
7. Beach or Mountains or can you just not decide?
Tina: Beach. Love mountains, but adore the beach. I don’t think I could ever happily live somewhere that was not near the ocean.
Colby: Beach. Nothing like the salty sea air. The sound is ever better.
8. Do you have a pet?
Tina: No. Unless you count the assorted creatures (fish, salamanders, newts, frogs, butterflies, dragonflies) that my kids catch in our yard and creek and then bring inside for a temporary stay in our mudroom. They rotate frequently, though, so never quite reach “pet” status.
Colby: Sure do! Two little demons. Leon James, a handsome pitbull-shar-pei-lab-god-only-knows mix. He’s my love. Best face ever. And silly ears that fold over in all the wrong places. I love him. And, not to be outdone, Pearl Anne Marie. She’s The Evil Beagle. Actually she’s not evil at all. She’s hysterical. She’s a former laboratory beagle that I sprung. Rescuing her was one of the best things I have ever done. She’s a character. And a Lady Bug. Silly, sweet Beage. She’s the happiest dog on earth.
9. What piece of technology could you not do without?
Tina: I guess my smartphone, since it pulls in phone, e-mail, internet and texting. Talk about one-stop shopping. I’m so used to being able to get in touch with people wherever I am, don’t know how I could do without it!
Colby: iPhone 5. Period.
10. What is your favorite book?
Tina: Tie between Charlotte’s Web and Little Women. Nothing I have read as an adult tops the way those made me feel when I was a kid.
Colby: She’s Come Undone, Wally Lamb.
11. Why do you blog?
Tina: Hmmmm…I have always loved to write and wanted an outlet for doing it on a regular basis. After Colby and I started running races together last year, I realized how much I enjoyed the whole “experience” of doing them, and of training. I wanted a way to write it all down and keep a record of the memories and feelings – and hysterical moments. I also thought it would be a great way for Colby and I to stay connected with our training and racing and share our ups, downs and war stories (as if we didn’t already talk, e-mail and text ALL THE TIME).
Colby: What Tina said!
Our Liebster Award Nominees:
1.Shh…Fit happens. http://shhfithappens.wordpress.com/
2. Fit Girl .Healthy Girl. http://fitgirlhappygirl.com/
3. A Fast Paced Life. http://afastpacedlife.wordpress.com/
4. Super Generic Girl. http://supergenericgirl.com/
5. Run, Beer and Girly Things. http://girlybeerrunner.wordpress.com/
6. I Tick When I Run http://itickwhenirun.com/
7. The Mile Report http://themilereport.wordpress.com/
8. Spin Run Sew http://spinrunsew.com/
9. The Final Forty http://thefinalforty.wordpress.com/
10. All Seasons Cyclist http://allseasonscyclist.com/
11. The Next Finish Line http://www.thenextfinishline.com/
And now, in the name of Liebster, Our 11 Questions for You:
1. If you could have one super power what would it be?
2. Would you rather have free Starbucks for life or free iTunes?
3. What is your earliest memory?
4. What has made you laugh the hardest?
5. If you could have lunch with one person, living or dead who would it be?
6. What is your biggest disappointment?
7. Top 3 Favorite Cereals. Go!
8. What song would play during the opening credits of Your Life, The Movie?
9. If you were a dog, what breed would you be?
10. What is your favorite movie line of all time?
11. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?