So this happened.
TODAY IS MARATHON AND A SPRINT DAY! Imma hashtag the snot out of that! #marathonandsprintday Yippeee! Lobster rolls and IPAs for everyone! FIVE YEARS. I can’t believe it. Tina and I started this blog 5 damn years ago on this very day. What a fun day! I’ll never forget it. She called me on the phone. The actual phone. As in, my land line. We weren’t wildly texting every 7 minutes like we are now. Or using emojis. That’s how long ago it was. The internet existed. That much I know. Anywho, she telephoned me with a crazy little idea….
Colby. It’s T. How’s about we start a blog? You’re bored. I need a creative outlet. We both run. We love it. We both ride. And. We both think we’re goddamn HI. LARIOUS. I love to write. You love to swear…. COME ON!!! Whaddya think?
And voila! Our fun, little, irreverent, snarky, sassy adventure blog was born. Thank god I started blogging again and reset my wordpress password. I would have totally missed this shit.
The posts. Oh, the posts. Some silly, some serious, all in our own voices. I never look at blog stats. I’m sure that statement rescinds my Blogger Card, but I really don’t. Until tonight. I sifted through our “top” posts- a lot of which aren’t even my most favorite. *See my face plant and Tina’s allergic reaction below.* Those are two of my faves because they were 100% real. Real Colby and Real Tina. Uncensored. That’s not to say the others are #fakeblogs. They’re not. Those two were a couple of the MOST hysterical and memorable moments from the past few years. Christ. I had plastic surgery. ON MY FACE. Tina blew up like a puffer fish, put on her sunnies, took a handful of Benedryl and ran a marathon 4 hours later. Who does that? Of course Tina’s First Boston and selfishly my first Boston posts pretty much make me cry with joy every time I reread them. Those are biggies. Here are our top 10 most popular posts from the past 5 Years according to the numbahs.
- The Importance of Meeting Ernest
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Need to Do the Fenway Spartan Sprint
- Jellybeans: The Next Superfood?
- And then I exhaled.
- Is Anyone Ever The Biggest Winner?
- Top 10 Moments Riding in the Pan Mass Challenge
- Trader Joe is a crack dealer.
- An Open Letter to the Lady in the Way Too Huge Cotton Tee
- The Secret of the Pan Mass Challenge
- Brighten Up! 6 High Visibility Items for Running in Low Light
So, in summary, reviewing our past 5 years T-Bone and I have…
- Run dozens of half marathons together. Seriously. So many combined.
- PR’d in every damn distance- 5k, 20k, Half Marathon and Marathon
- Run Marine Corps, Vermont City, New York, Philadelphia, Big Sur, Baystate, BOSTON (!!!) and more!
- Met Bloggers in Real Life- and consider them friends! ❤️
- Ridden several thousand miles all in the name of kicking cancer’s ass
- Run a snowshoe 10k in sub-zero temps up a mountain in Vermont
- Run an Ultra Marathon (Colby)
- Run Spartan Races and Warrior Dashes galore!
- Wound up in the ER (Colby) with stitches after face planting during a 20 miler
- Discovered Hanson’s Marathon Method and both wept with pure joy and absolute exhaustion at the discovery
- Would up with a massive allergic reaction (Tina) from ingesting no-frills-low-budget nuts the night before a marathon
- Ran, rode, traveled, trained, reached goals, cried, complained, crashed and burned and qualified- together. I love you, T-Bone!!! ❤️
- Had a hell of a lot of fun meeting a fantastic community of other Crazies (You) who are passionate about running, friendship and living life loud. Muahhhh! ❤️
Here’s to 5 more years! We may blog. We may take time outs. We may rant. And we may rave. But odds are, we’ll do it together. Thank you for follow along. ☺️ CHEERS, POODLES!!!